Thanks to Governor Scott’s leadership, Florida is becoming the greatest place in the nation to live, work and play – and one of the most affordable states. Getting Floridians back to work remains the Governor’s top priority, and we’re already starting to see the positive results of reduced spending and fiscal reform.
Here are just a few of Governor Scott’s accomplishments so far:
- Unemployment down by 2.5% in first 18 months – 11.1% down to 8.6% with 127,200 private sector jobs created so far.
- Balanced two state budgets without raising taxes.
- Provided an additional $1 billion in funding for education.
- Raised education standards while committing to finding new testing solutions.
- Made Florida more affordable by reducing property taxes by $XXX million and putting the brakes on auto insurance rates.
- Led and won the fight to ensure that non-citizens do not vote illegally in our elections.
- Committed to opting Florida out of non-mandatory parts of ObamaCare to protect taxpayers.